Host a Special Event
Host A Special Event In Hopkins
Organizations who wish to use City property and/or require City services to sponsor or hold a special event in Hopkins are required to have a Special Event Permit.
To apply for a permit, submit a Special Event Permit Application (PDF) with the applicable fee and required attachments. The City will conduct a complete review of your application and inform you if your proposed event is allowed.
Special Events include any parade, race, procession, carnival, community picnic, celebration, fundraiser, dance, concert, large assembly, or other special event on City property in Hopkins.
Special Event Approval
Approval of special events is at the sole discretion of the City of Hopkins and each event will be reviewed separately. Events must be determined to be in the general interest of the public.
Additional Regulations & Details
For more information on the event approval criteria, fees, billing, and regulations, see the City of Hopkins Special Events Policy (PDF).
Pre-approved activities are special events for which the City provides some basic services without charge. These include:
- Farmer's Market
- Mainstreet Days
- Music In the Park activities
- National Night Out
- Old Fashioned Holiday
- Raspberry Festival
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
Special Event-Related Permits
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF)
- Parade Permit Application (PDF)
- Required if event includes a parade
- Tent Permit Application (PDF)
- Required for any tent that exceeds 200 square feet
- Mainstreet Banner Permit (PDF)
- Required for any banner to be hung across Mainstreet. Please note, Mainstreet Banner Permits are only for city sponsored activities, pre-approved activities and non-profit events in Hopkins only.
- Fireworks display
- Applications are available upon request
- Street or Sidewalk Closing Permit Application (PDF)
- Required if event requires closure of any streets or sidewalks
- Temporary Liquor License Application (PDF)
- Required for the sale of alcoholic beverages