Parks & Trails
The City of Hopkins Public Works Department maintains 19 parks and nature areas in Hopkins.
Keeping Hopkins’ parks open and safe
The City of Hopkins Emergency Management, Police and Public Works are working cooperatively to monitor park use.
It is the City’s goal to maintain access to our parks, trails and park amenities while ensuring the health and safety of Hopkins residents.
- Signs have been placed at park play equipment and play courts to encourage compliance with social distancing.
- Park users should maintain proper social distancing at all times in all areas of our parks, including the fields and open spaces.
- Group sports (basketball, soccer, etc.) are not social distancing compliant and should not occur.
- In parks where CDC precautions are being repeatedly ignored, we may be forced to remove nets and/or basketball hoops.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid touching your face and wash hands thoroughly after visiting parks and trails or using park amenities.
Consistent with the governor’s executive order 20-20 which exempted parks and recreational lands and did not mandate the closure of playgrounds, Hopkins park areas remain open, providing opportunities for residents to stay active and connected as a community during these uncertain times.
To keep them open, accessible and safe, we strongly urge everyone to use our parks, trails and park amenities responsibly.
- Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- Phone: 952-939-8390
- Reserve An Athletic Field
- Phone: 952-939-8371
- Reserve Downtown Park
- Phone: 952-548-6390
- Downtown Park Page
Adopt a Park or Trail
The City of Hopkins is looking for individuals or groups who will help care for our neighborhood parks and trails. These individuals or groups will commit to picking up litter in the park or trail of their choice a minimum of one time a month. To learn more, view the Adopt a Park or Trail Page.
Dedicate a Bench in a Hopkins Park
Add to the beauty of your favorite Hopkins park and honor a loved one through the City’s memorial tree and bench program. To learn more, view Dedicate a Bench Page.